This is a quick and tasty aioli that goes well with seafood, meat, vegetables, and sandwiches or as a standalone dip. You can use olive oil, however it’s flavor can be overpowering. For a more subtle flavor, you can use sunflower or avocado oil, so it will not take away from the taste of the cilantro, garlic and onion. Also, if you’re a garlic lover feel free to add more garlic.
Cilantro, lime and garlic aioli
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Blend the egg, ½ cup of the oil, the whole garlic clove, the chopped onion, the cilantro, the cumin and the salt until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Continue blending while adding the remaining ½ cup of oil and lime juice.
- Taste, add salt if necessary.
Alternative – if you don’t want to use raw eggs or are in a hurry, you can use regular store bought mayonnaise, mince the cilantro, onion and garlic, combine with the cumin, salt and lime juice and mix together.