Recipe from Fired Up by Jeff Blank – owner/chef of Hudson’s on the Bend, this is a very tasty warm limey cilantroey buttery sauce that goes perfectly with any type of seafood.
½ cup white wine
1 medium sized shallot
4 garlic cloves
Juice from 2 limes
2 tbs lime zest
½ cup heavy cream
2 Serrano peppers
1 4 oz stick unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 8 pieces
1 bunch of cilantro
Salt to taste
- Combine the shallot and garlic cloves in a mini food processor and pulse until well minced.
- Bring the white wine to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat and reduce to half the amount.
- Add the minced shallots and garlic, the lime juice, lime zest and cream to the reduced wine.
- Continue cooking until reduced by half again, about 10 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Blend the warm sauce mix with the Serrano peppers; include the seeds and membranes if you want it extra spicy.
- Add the butter, piece by piece, and blend well.
- Add the cilantro and blend until completely minced.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve the sauce warm.