This recipe for grilled salmon with avocado salsa is so easy to make and is a guaranteed crowd (and family) pleaser. The salmon is seasoned with a mix of coriander, cumin, paprika, onion powder and pepper. It’s grilled (or baked/pan seared) and topped with avocado salsa. Summer seems to finally be here, which means spending a lot of time outside: in the water, playing in the backyard with the kids, grilling outside and having lunch or dinner on the patio. Of course there is also a sort of nice laziness associated with summer, you want meals to be easy and quick to prepare, but also refreshing and filling.
En Español 
Recipe for grilled salmon with avocado salsa, the fish is seasoned with coriander, cumin, paprika, onion powder and pepper, and topped with avocado salsa.
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 mild hot peppers, seeded and deveined, diced or sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Latin style rice  and patacones or fried plantain chips 
- Mix the salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, hot peppers, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness.
- Serve the salmon topped with the avocado salsa, and with rice and patacones or thick green plantain chips  on the side.
This grilled salmon is seasoned with a homemade seasoning mix of ground coriander, cumin, paprika and onion powder to give it a nice spicy flavor. It’s grilled perfectly and then topped with a salsa made with avocado, onion, mild hot peppers, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil.
Salmon and avocado are one of those perfect matches; whoever was the first person to put these two together was a genius. The salmon and the avocado both have that creaminess melt in your mouth feeling, while the lime, onion, hot pepper and cilantro add a great contrast of tangy flavor.
I’ve probably said this before but if I had to go to a deserted island and could only choose a few food items to take with me, avocados would be one of them (I’m hoping I could learn how to catch some fish on my island). They’re also one of those items – along with cilantro and limes – that whenever I run out of them it means that I need to go grocery shopping. I’ve prepared this dish before with grilled ahi tuna and it was also a great match – pretty much any fish (halibut, snapper, cod, mahi mahi, corvina, etc) will work great with the avocado salsa.
For an easy summer dinner, you can season the fish in the morning and let it marinate all day or season it while the grills warms up. The avocado salsa can be made in about 5 minutes, and can also be made ahead of time. I usually serve this grilled salmon with rice, either plain Latin/Ecuadorian style cooked rice  or lime cilantro rice, and some patacones/tostones or thick green plantain chips.
Step by step photos for grilled salmon with avocado salsa recipe: